Galleries and Collections
- The Old Print Shop, New York.
- The Old Print Gallery, Washington, D.C.
- Permanent collections: Brooklyn Museum; Housatonic Museum of Art, Bridgeport, CT; New York Public Library; New York Historical Society; Museum of the City of New York; Art Students League of New York; numerous private collections.
- Adjunct instructor of drawing, painting, printmaking, design/color. Wagner College, Staten Island, NY,
- Oil painting, drawing. Adult education, Forest Hills High School, NY, 2002-06.
- Private instruction and workshops.
- Served as juror and coordinator for New York City Not-for-Profit Print Workshops exhibit, at invitation of New York Society of Etchers, 2002.
- New York Society of Etchers, Inc. Board of Directors. President, 2015.
- Society of American Graphic Artists. Council member; newsletter editor.
- Art Students League of New York. Life member.
Publications and Articles
- Listed in Who’s Who in American Art, 2007-present.
- SAGAzine, contributed article on mat-cutting, 2013.
- Journal of the Print World, April 2012 (Composition in Red and Blue reproduced and reviewed);
- Winter 2011, Winter 2005, Fall 2003, Summer 2002, Spring 2002.
- Catalogue of The Old Print Shop, NY, numerous times.
- Catalogue of The Old Print Gallery, Washington, D.C., 2013.
- “At Wagner, Those Who Can, Teach,” Staten Island Advance, November, 2008.
- Utrecht Art Supply Stores Catalog, 2007. Etching/aquatint End of the Season reproduced.
- Asian Art News (Hong Kong), March-April 2005.
- Impressions of New York, Marilyn Symmes. Aquatint Sunset Skyline reproduced in companion book to New York Historical Society exhibition, 2004.
- Imprint, (Quarterly Journal, Print Council of Australia), Summer 2004.
- Print Quarterly (Great Britain), September 2004.
- “Transit Views” Catalogue, New York Transit Museum, contributed essay, 2003.
- New York Sun, August 21, 2003.
- Art & Antiques Weekly, Oct. 2003.
- The New York Times: work at Gallery North (above) reproduced and favorably reviewed, 2002.
- Printmaking Today (Great Britain), Winter 2002.
- Linea (Art Students League journal), authored article 2003, woodcut reproduced 2001.
- Gallery & Studio, Fall 2000.
- Art Students League Catalogue (work reproduced: 1989, 1991, 1996).
- Art Students League of New York (1983-present): Drawing, Painting, Printmaking. Merit scholarship, 1997. Instructors: Richard Goetz (served as monitor), Michael Pellettieri (monitor), Sylvie Germain-Covey (monitor), Sigmund Abeles, Michael Burban, Gregory d'Alessio, Gustav Rehberger, Catherine Redmond, Anthony Palumbo, Sherri McGraw, Robert Cenedella, Jack Faragasso, Mary Beth MacKenzie, Harvey Dinnerstein.
- Wagner College, Staten Island, NY: BA in English, 1978. Studied drawing and design with Richard Gaffney, Lilli Lonngren, Lester Elliot.
- Hunter College, New York, NY, 1986; 1998-2000: Drawing, painting, lithography, sculpture, photography, Art history. Studio instructors: Emily Mason, Robert Huot, Micki Watanabe, James Acevedo, Beth Wesson.
- Richard Goetz landscape workshop, Mount Kisco, NY, 1990.
- Wolf Kahn landscape workshop, Sebasco Estates, Maine, 2000.